marine vesells

marine vesells

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Evaluation.

in my dt class we weere put in groups of 3 in order tyo research and create a marrine vessels of our own.we went on aclass trip to the port to see the different designs of hulls and how the ships were made. As our summative assessment we were assigned to create a marrine vessel that is going to be a solution for our problem. Our problem was to identify a place that has a problem whith piracy and create a marine vessel that is going to help them stop piracy. my group and I chose to do a warship.

In the investigation stage we were to do a problem identification, design brief, research and design specification. The challenges we faced in this stage was when we did the research this was hard for us because the research on marine vessels was not that clear on the issue and also the desiding of what to do and what to make was also a challange. If we had another chance to improve I would research on more about marine vessls to find more information in order to do my research in a proper manner.

In the design stage we also didn’t do well this was because we were doing our work in a rush and we were not able to subbmit at the right time and get the marks that we deserved we had challenges especially when it came to choosing the designs we weren’t creative enough and that cause us to have a problem in the create stage. Justifying my designs was also on of the major challenge we had. If I were to do this stage again I would make sure that I justify my designs and do more research and also use more creativity. Overall I would evaluate this stage as a 3 or 2.

In the create stage I would say that I didn’t have much of a problem because I had all the information I needed but when it came to creating the vessels thts when the problem occured . At first when we wanted to draw the designs on paper we had problems because we had not done our google sketch designs so we had another problem which took us alot of time to resolve but in the long run we still got the designs by the help of our teacher and was able to finish on time.. If I were to do this stage again I would make sure that I am organised in my work and also hand it in on time. Overall I would evaluate this stage as a 3 or 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment